Open your community to the world
Join the fun and make a difference!
Educational Homestay Programs is a non-profit division of EF Education First. EF is a privately-held company founded in 1965 that has grown to be the world’s largest independent educational institution. We have schools and offices in more than 50 countries, and the expansion continues every year. EF’s global network includes 9,000 staff and 22,000 teachers and guides. To date, EF has helped over 15 million people learn a new language, discover the world, and/or earn an academic degree.
EHP is dedicated to encouraging global awareness through cultural exchange and language learning. EHP allows international students ages 12 to 18 to explore another language and culture during summer homestay and residential programs in the USA lasting two to four weeks. In these escorted group travel programs, daily language lessons are combined with afternoon activities including sightseeing excursions, visits to local attractions, and cultural interest activities.
We are looking for outgoing and enthusiastic individuals, who thrive in a fast-paced environment, to join our team. Do you have a strong work ethic that includes flexibility and a good sense of humor? If you love meeting new people, value cultural exchange and language learning, and enjoy working with teenagers, then this program is for you!
Host Family Recruiter
As a host family recruiter you will work part time as an independent contractor starting when you are hired until the students arrive in the summer. Your role is to find host families to host the groups of students coming to your community. You will focus on:
- Recruiting and screening local host families
- Strategizing a recruitment plan with your Area Manager
The program leader is a full-time seasonal position that lasts from 2-4 weeks for some time prior to your group's arrival and throughout the duration of the course. You will focus on the following areas:
- Representing EHP in your community
- Locating and securing a site for lessons
- Organizing and facilitating fun and cultural afternoon activities
- Chaperone tours and overnight stays
- Facilitating a Host Family Orientation
- Being the point of contact to all families, students and teachers during program
- Reconciling and documenting budgetary expenditures
The Site Director is a part time seasonal position from the winter months through June, and a full time seasonal position when the students arrive, through their departure. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising, coordinating, and overseeing all aspects of the program, such as: academics, activities, transportation, staffing, host families and liaising with the course center contacts
- Conducting staff meetings and managing discipline, motivation and supervision of the Program Leaders
- Ensuring a positive, high quality experience for students as well as host families
- With support from the Area Manager, ensuring a smooth running of the program
- Interviewing prospective staff
- Training all staff and leaders
- Assisting in the resolution of issues during the program and provide support as needed
The ESL Teacher is a part time seasonal position that last from 2 to 4 weeks. The ESL teacher role includes but is not limited to:
5 X 40 minute lessons per day, 4 days per week for the duration of the program
Teaching through our new methodology, EF Action Learning™
Facilitating our ESL curriculum in the classroom using our in house developed books and worksheets
At the end of the course, administering our EFCELT test specially developed for us by England's world renowned University of Cambridge
Liaising with at least one other co-teacher that you will be sharing classes with
With support from a local team, ensuring a smooth running of the classroom activities
Attending mandatory teacher training prior to course start